Community Senior Services
Community Senior Services is a not-for-profit organization that provides a broad array of programs, services, and support for older adults, caregivers, families and others interested in enhancing aging services in our community. We play a unique role as a convener, information resource and collaborator on senior issues throughout the Inland, Pomona and East San Gabriel Valleys. Community Senior Services is recognized for its multi-community scope and service area. We work in concert with a range of community leaders, social, healthcare, city and county organizations, businesses and service providers whose collaborative engagement is essential to meet the needs of the burgeoning senior population.
Programs and services currently provided by Community Senior Services include:
- Community Connections Transportation Reimbursement Program provides door-through-door assisted transportation service that provides mileage reimbursement for volunteers to transport seniors and individuals with disabilities who cannot easily use other transportation services.
- The Enrichment Center Adult Day Program provides a safe and loving environment for memory impaired older adults to receive warm, individualized and group attention. Caregivers can take a full or half day break knowing their loved one will be provided with lunch, socialization and stimulating activities.
- Family Caregiver Support Program offers a wide array of services to assist and support caregivers including case management, support groups and information and referral.
- Foothill Communities Retired and Senior Volunteer Program (RSVP) offers a “one stop shop” for active adults 55+ who want to find challenging and rewarding service opportunities.
- REAL Connections Village is a membership program focused on empowering older adults to live happily, healthfully, and successfully in their own home. The Village provides connections, community, and a network of resources that address practical needs, as well as social, cultural, and educational activities. It is designed to make life less complicated and more fulfilling for seniors aging at home.
- Senior Companion Program recruits active, fixed income seniors to assist other seniors in their homes. The goals of the program are two-fold: (a) to help seniors live as independently as possible; (b) to provide fixed income seniors with a meaningful service opportunity and a modest source of income. Senior Companion volunteers assist with activities of daily living such as shopping, preparing meals, running errands, and providing companionship to alleviate the loneliness that so many homebound seniors experience.
Address: 141 South Spring Street, Claremont, CA 91711
Phone: (909) 621-9900
Fax: (909) 621-9914