Enterprise System Catalog
Senate Bill 272 - California Public Records Act
Approved on October 11, 2015, adds a section to the California Public Records Act requiring local agencies to create a catalog of Enterprise Systems by July 1, 2016 with annual updates.
A software application or computer system that collects, stores, exchanges and analyzes information that the agency uses that is both of the following:
- A multi-departmental system or systems that contain information collected about the public.
- A system tat serves as an original source of data within an agency.
An Enterprise system does not include any of the following:
- Information Technology security systems, including firewalls and other cybersecurity systems.
- Physical access control systems, employee identification management systems, video monitoring and other physical control systems.
- Infrastructure and mechanical control systems, including those that control or manage street lights, electrical, natural gas, water, or sewer functions.
- System related to 911 dispatch and operation or emergency services.
- Systems that would be restricted from disclosure by section 6254.19.
- The specific records that the Information Technology System collects, stores, exchanges or analyzes.
- Create a catalog of Enterprise Systems containing:
- Control system vendor
- Current system product
- System's purpose
- A description ofcategories or types of data
- The department that is the prime custodian of the data
- The frequency that system data is collected
- The frequency that system data is updated
- To make the catalog publicly available upon request
- To post the catalog in a prominent location on the agency's website
In the public interest served by not disclosing the information described clearly outweighs the public interest served by disclosure, the local agency may instead provide a system name, brief title or identifier of the system.
City of La Verne Enterprise Systems (Generated June 29, 2016)
|ArcGIS|| Environmental Systems
Research Institute (ESRI)
|Mapping Platform|| Geographic
|Exchange||Microsoft||Email System||Email System||Information Technology||Daily||Daily|
|Firehouse||Xerox||RMS System||Public Safety||Fire||Daily||Daily|
|FleetFocus||AssetWorks|| Fleet Management and
|Asset Management||Public Works||Daily||Daily|
|Geoviewer||Nobel Systems||Property and Ownership Search||Other||Nobel Systems||As Needed||As Needed|
|HDL Sales||HDL Companies||Sales Tax Information||Other||Finance||As Needed||As Needed|
|iWorq||iWorq Systems Inc.|| Citizen Trouble Tickets and
Work Order Tracking
|Joomla||Joomla|| Content Management Software
|Web Site||Information Technology||Daily||Daily|
|Laserfiche||Laserfiche||Document Management System||Document Management||City Clerk||Daily||Daily|
|Naviline||Sungard||Enterprise Resource Planning System||Other||Multiple||Daily||Daily|
|Rectrac||Vermont Systems Inc. (VSI)|| Facility Rental and
|Recreation Software||Community Services||Daily||Daily|
|Shoretel||Shoretel||Enterprise Telephony System||Other||Information Technology||Daily||Daily|
|Spillman||Spillman Technologies Inc.||CAD/RMS System||Public Safety||Police||Daily||Daily|
|SQL||Microsoft||Database System||Other||Information Technology||Daily||Daily|
|VMWare||VMWare Inc.||Virtual Servers and Tools||Other||Information Technology||Daily||Daily|
Download PDF Version: La Verne Enterprise System Catalog (SB272)