San Polo Business ParkLa Verne LandscapeLa Verne City HallHeritage Park Gazebo

La Verne

City of

Links to Business Information

Business Information

Fictitious business name statement (DBA)
Contact the County Clerk’s Office and your local newspaper for publication requirements.

12400 Imperial Highway, 2nd Floor,
Searches, Room 2207, Filings, Room 2001
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562) 462-2177

Retail sales tax number (seller’s permit)

Contact the State Board of Equalization to determine if your business activity requires a resale number.  Your records will be in their West Covina Office but you may go to any office of the State Board of Equalization to start the process.

West Covina Office
1521 West Cameron Ave., Ste. 300
West Covina, CA 91790-2738
(626) 480-7200
FAX (626) 480-7260

Alcoholic beverages
If your establishment intends to serve alcoholic beverages, please contact the State of California Alcoholic Beverage Control Board at (626) 256-3241 and the La Verne Community Development Department at (909) 596-8706.

Monrovia Office
222 E. Huntington Dr., Ste 114
Monrovia, CA 91016
(626) 256-3241
This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

Preparation and/or sale of food
If your establishment intends to prepare and/or sell food of any type, contact Los Angeles Environmental Management Health Services at (626) 813-3380.

Los Angeles Environmental Management Health Services
1435 W. Covina Parkway, Rm. 10
(626) 813-3380

Preschools and in-home child/care facilities
Contact the State of California Community Care License Division for State requirements regarding preschools and in-home care facilities and the La Verne Community Development Department.

L.A. East Regional Office
Regional Manager, Maria Hendrix
1000 Corporate Center Dr., Suite 200B, MS 29-15
Monterey Park, CA 91754
(310) 337-4333 FAX (310) 337-4360

Contact the State Contractors Licensing Board for information and requirements on how to become a State Licensed Contractor.

Contractors State License Board
12501 East Imperial Hwy,
Suite 600 (Sixth Floor)
Norwalk, CA 90650
(562) 345-7656

Additional Information

Federal employer identification number (FEIN)
Contact the Internal Revenue Service for an employer identification number.  The IRS will provide a business kit, seminars for new businesses, additional information, and forms.

Internal Revenue
9350 E. Flair Drive
El Monte, CA  91731
(626) 312-5138

Franchise Tax Board
Contact the Franchise Tax Board if you intend to have employees or to obtain a form 540 for estimating state withholding tax for yourself.
Franchise Tax Board   
100 N. Barranca, 6th Flr-600   
West Covina, CA  91791   
(800) 852-5711

Small Business Administration
Contact the Small Business Administration which provides financial and management training to assist you in the operation of your business.

Small Business Admin.   
330 N. Brand Blvd., Ste 1200   
Glendale, CA 91203   
(818) 552-3215

Waste Management and State Regulations
Contact Waste Management to establish trash service and obtain information on compliance with state regulations regarding recycling and solid waste.

Waste Management
(909) 599-1274
PDF: AB 341 Information


State Offices

Worker’s Compensation
732 Corporate Center Drive
Pomona, CA 91768-2653
(909) 623-4301

Department of Consumer Affairs
500 W. Temple St., Rm. B-96   
Los Angeles, CA 90012   
(213) 974-1452

Governors Office of Economic Development
California Permit Assistance Center
In 1997, the California Environmental Protection Agency (Cal/EPA) established the California Government Online to Desktops (CalGOLD) Website to assist in providing businesses the information they need to comply with environmental and other regulatory and permitting requirements. CalGOLD offers direct Internet links and contact information to state, local, regional, and federal permitting authorities for more information.

Other Organizations

Better Business Bureau
315 N. La Cadena Drive   
Colton, CA 92324-2927   

Service Corps of Retired Executives. 
Workshops and counselors for small businesses.
Los Angeles SCORE
330 N. Brand Blvd., Ste. 190
Glendale, CA  91203-2304
(818) 552-3206

This information is provided as a public service to assist those persons interested in establishing and conducting a business in the City of La Verne.  It is not warranted to be all inclusive and any specific questions should be directed to the Business License Division at (909) 596-8722.  Clarification can also be found in the La Verne Municipal Code, Title 5.



<< Regulatory Permits [ Welcome Businesses ] Frequently Asked Questions >>